Director of Finance and Administration – EUROMED RIGHTS, Copenhagen Main Office
EuroMed Rights is a network organisation that promotes human rights and democracy in the Euro-Mediterranean region. It consists of about 80 human rights organisations and institutions as well as individuals from over 30 countries.
As our new Director of Finance and Administration, you will play an important role in renewing and developing the efficiency of our internal budget and project cycle. You will also play a key role in securing EuroMed Rights’ financial sustainability, our compliance and accountability towards donors, and our overall administration.
As a member of the management group, you will advise on financial matters and you will represent the organisation upon delegation of the Executive Director. You will have the management role for 2 project controllers and 1 accountant in Copenhagen, 1 accountant in Tunis, and 1 accountant in Brussels.
Your main tasks will include:
- Developing and setting up a new dynamic budget and monitoring system for financial management
- Advising and supporting the Executive Director, the Executive Committee and staff on financial related matters
- Monitoring and maintaining project and office budgets and liquidity forecast.
- Preparing, monitoring, and amending budgets for (co-)funding/multicurrency grant applications in collaboration with the fundraising and contract staff.
- Preparing audit material for donor- and grant projects in conjunction with the compilation of annual financial statement and in compliance with the financial deadlines and requirements of EuroMed Rights and its donors.
- Holding the overall responsibility for administration, contracts, proper bookkeeping, payment of wages, and financial reporting of all EuroMed Rights offices. Setting up and monitoring accounting and bookkeeping procedures and rules for the proper implementation of projects in accordance with donors´ requirements.
You are self-driven, decisive and have a proactive and innovative mind-set. You have experience in supervising/coordinating staff, and an ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- have a relevant education and at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- are an experienced user of Excel – including pivot tables and/or Power BI tools
- are proficient in oral and written English. French is considered an asset
- can understand complex financial situations; can define relevant financial structures and systems; and are capable of implementing such systems and structures
- have excellent managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills as well as facilitation and technical skills
- knowledge of Navision (including the project module) is an advantage
- knowledge of the NGO sector (preferably at international level) is an asset
EuroMed Rights offers you:
An attractive permanent position with influence and a broad range of responsibilities in an international NGO. Competent and dedicated colleagues at offices in Copenhagen, Brussels and Tunis. The Copenhagen office where you will be based, is located in the city center next door to the upcoming metro station, Rådhuspladsen and the main railway station.
Please open the “Søg stilling” link and thereby upload your application and CV.
For any inquiries, please contact Senior Recruitment Consultant Anne Nyvang at Hartmanns by e-mail: email@example.com or phone: +45 41 21 13 27. As Hartmanns A/S is responsible for the full recruitment process, all inquiries should be directed to this contact. Hartmanns interviews candidates on an ongoing basis.
Deadline for applications: October 25th, 2019.
About the job
Hovedstaden (inkl. Nordsjælland)
- Job number:
- Application due date: 25-10-2019
or call: +45 4121 1327