- Hovedstaden (inkl. Nordsjælland)
Like chocolate for Mr Wonka, the toys Hamleys sells are the most important part of our business and we are committed to ensuring; our toys work as described, are safe for use and are sourced responsibly.
We believe, and it is our legal obligation to ensure, that the toys and child appealing products we sell, achieve the required international toy standards. This requirement means that the toys we sell will have been functionally and laboratory tested, to ensure they comply with the relevant Toy Safety Directives. We also require that toys for sale in Hamleys stores outside Europe meet necessary national requirements.
We want all of our customers, young and old, to be more than happy with the toys they are buying and aim for these toys to fulfil expectations - always.
As a producer of toys Hamleys has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the International Council of Toy Industries (ICTI). ICTI is a not for profit membership organization formed in 1975 and committed to the promotion of toy safety standards, advancement of social responsibility in the industry with programs to address; environmental concerns, fair and lawful employment practices and workplace safety. We stipulate to our toy suppliers that ICTI approval is a requirement of working with Hamleys.
Hamleys is also proud to be a member of the British Toy and Hobby Association (BTHA) established in 1944 to represent the interests of British toy manufacturers and to raise standards of practice in the industry. The BTHA is an active member of the Toy Industries of Europe (TIE), ICTI, The National Toy Council and many other groups concerned with improving toy safety.
To help customers make an informed decision, our commitment to Hamleys packaging and labelling is that it is factual, accurate and complies with all relevant legislation. The packaging will provide adequate protection to the product during transit ensuring that the item remains fit for purpose. In order to reduce the impact of toys on the environment Hamleys specifies to suppliers that, wherever possible, packaging is made from recycled materials.
Hamleys is a global retailer of toys. We place importance on our company's ethical and moral duty and are committed to tackling modern slavery through due diligence and transparency of our supply chains. Hamleys aim is to ensure that all of the products we sell must have been responsibly sourced.
Let's travel back in time to meet him...
Growing up in Cornwall, England, William Hamley might have become a tin miner, or a fisherman. But William had other ideas. He dreamed of opening the best toy shop in the world. In 1760, he did, cramming 'Noah's Ark' with every kind of toy, from rag dolls to tin soldiers.
Over the street-sellers' calls and horses' hooves ringing on the cobbles, you could just make out the delighted cries of children as they approached the window. By the time Queen Victoria came to the throne in 1837, Hamleys was already a London landmark. Families flocked to William's 'Joy Emporium'.
Join the Magic at Hamleys
On behalf of our client Hamleys, Hartmanns is looking for an experienced Accountant to join Hamleys Nordic Office in Copenhagen.
As Hamleys Nordic continues to grow, we have created a unique opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join our Support Office in Copenhagen.
Reporting to the General Manager of the Nordics, with a report line to the Business Unit Accountant (based in London), you will be responsible for the accounting functions across the Nordics. The primary responsibilities of the role will be to aid managerial planning and commercial decision-making by providing appropriate financial reporting, information and analysis; whilst undertaking the related accounts administration of a small business unit. You will work closely with Hamleys Nordic and as well as liaising closely with The Hamleys Group based in the UK. This is a permanent, full-time salaried position.
- Produce timely and accurate financial and management information to enable the Business Unit management team and the Hamleys Management Board to make informed business decisions.
- Maintain the reliability and accuracy of the financial and management information that is reported to the business and Group
- Day to day ‘sole accountant’ business partnering and support, including commercialanalysis and advice for the Hamleys Nordic management team
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts. Full process ownership.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts. Full ownership of P&Ls.
- Preparation of monthly Group Management and quarterly Board financial reporting packs.
- Management and production of relevant KPIs for Nordic performance, financial and non-financial
- Maintain close ‘cost control’ relationships with the Nordic operational teams.
- Preparation of all Nordic balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for calculation and compilation of all Nordic statutory filings, including VAT returns, Corporation Tax, payroll tax etc.
- Assist with the annual audit and statutory reporting process.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Oversight of the monthly payroll process, coordinating with the HR Advisor and external Bureaus.
- Ad-hoc project work (c.10-20% of role).
The successful candidate will have a solid background in Accounting specifically from the Nordic Countries; previous experience from retail is highly desirable. You have an analytical approach to ad-hoc problem solving and reconciliations, along with extensive knowledge of P&L preparation, budgets, forecasts and variance analysis. You have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and have a track record of achieving results and exceeding expectations. You bring a positive energy to the workplace and have strong communication skills in both Danish and English. Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian language skills are desirable but not essential.
It is essential that Danish applicants have a Bachelor (HD) or Masters degree in Finance/Accounting, with at least three years’ practical experience from an approved accountancy firm. We will also consider candidates from across the Nordic territory with the relevant Masters degree and practical experience - KHT (Finland), Auktoriserard Revisor (Sweden/Norway).
The successful candidate will have:
- Practical knowledge of financial controls and processes
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- A professional and logical approach to problem solving and demonstrates a high level ofprofessional integrity
- Strong initiative and self – motivation, and a flexibility in approach to work
- A ‘can do’ attitude, and a determination to succeed
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy and maintains a positive frame of mind in all circumstances,
- An ability to work to deadlines
- A willingness to learn and self-develop
- Strong Excel skills (macros and v-look ups)
Hamleys offers you:
We offer you an exciting opportunity to work in a newly created role, with scope for personal and professional development as we expand our Nordic business.
Hartmanns A/S handles the full recruitment process. Therefore, all inquiries should be directed to us.
We will convene relevant candidates for interviews along the way, and we reserve the right to convene candidates before the expiry of the job ad.