- Hovedstaden (inkl. Nordsjælland)
Forward Pharma is a US listed biotechnology company focused on the immunomodulatory compound dimethyl fumarate and derivatives, for applications as a pharmaceutical drug product to treat immune disorders such as multiple sclerosis and psoriasis. Forward Pharma A/S was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, in the heart of Medicon Valley. Since 2007 we have also operated out of a subsidiary, Forward Pharma GmbH, in Leipzig, Germany, and since August 2014 out of a subsidiary in the United States, Forward Pharma USA, LLC.
Controller of European Operations to Forward Pharma, Copenhagen
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging role within the finance team of a publicly listed international company within the biotechnology industry?
With reference to the CFO in US, the controller will be responsible for all areas of the financial management including preparation of accounts, budgets and forecasting, taxation, controlling of European operations and developing and maintaining internal controls.
Your primary workplace will be at the head office in Copenhagen. The team in Copenhagen will include yourself, the CEO as well as the research and development staff and administration personnel. You will also interact with staff and outside advisors in Germany and will be required to travel to Leipzig Germany when needed.
- Perform the monthly, quarterly and yearly closes that include adjusting accounts, account analysis, reconciliations, foreign exchange accounting, share-based compensation, etc.
- Responsibility for maintaining and overseeing all aspects of our ERP system (SAP) for all entities in the Group
- Prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity in Europe
- Responsibility to prepare consolidated financial statement in accordance with International Accounting Standards
- Prepare Group budget, monthly analysis of actual activities and quarterly update of forecasted operating results
- SOX compliance that includes maintaining, improving and testing internal controls for the Group
- Prepare statutory financial statements
- Work with and support external auditors, tax and legal advisors
- Proven experience of financial management within an international organisation
- Extensive experience working with SAP, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated and show a high level of commitment
- Able to work independently, have strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Business talent and good business sense
- Good communication skills, speak, and write English fluently
- Technically strong in IFRS and Danish GAAP (US SEC reporting will be a plus)
Hartmanns A/S varetager rekrutteringsprocessen, hvorfor al henvendelse bedes rettet hertil. Vi indkalder løbende relevante kandidater til samtaler og forbeholder os muligheden for at indkalde kandidater inden ansøgningsfristens udløb.
Har du spørgsmål til stillingen er du velkommen til at kontakte rekrutteringsspecialist i Hartmanns Anne Nyvang på mobil 4121 1327 / mail email@example.com